WHY SHOULD I JOIN NASW-KS?
#1 Save Money
- CEU Savings: With your NASW membership you can apply an average 30% to 50% discount to any NASW-KS Chapter events and free and discounted online CEUs.
- Reduced Membership Dues: We offer BSW and MSW students and recent graduates a discounted membership for up to 3 years. Retired or unemployed? We can offer you a discounted rate. Call 1-800-742-4089 to get more information.
- Exclusive Discounts: As a member of NASW and the Kansas Chapter, you can save money on every day products for your professional or personal use by taking advantage of the members-only discounts listed below including car, hotel and vacation discounts.
#2 Protect Yourself
Protect Your License, Practice, and Career from Lawsuits
- Professional Consultation: NASW-KS staff are exclusively available to members who have questions about practice situations, continuing education, licensure, legislative reforms, etc. Call 785-354-4804 for your consultation.
- Ethics Consultation: NASW-KS seeks to support you in adhering to the ethical and legal standards held by the social work profession. Do you need consultation? NASW-KS members can call the National Ethics Hotline at 800-742-4089.
- Legal Resources and Consultation with an Attorney: Do you know how you should respond to a subpoena? NASW members have access to a number of legal resources and members with legal questions can seek a consult through NASWs Legal Consultation. Legal Issues Hotline at 202-408-8600.
- Liability Insurance: Every social worker needs career protection. With NASW membership, you gain access to significantly discounted liability insurance with coverage tailored just for social workers, including up to $35,000 for licensing board defense coverage, unique features such as subpoena coverage, and a risk management helpline.
- HIPAA Resources for Social Worker: Provides members resources on HIPAA as it relates to social work practice. These include a set of online HIPAA forms, office policies, and sample documents that can be adapted to a social workers’ clinical practice settings. NASW has consolidated this information into this one easy access point for information about HIPAA.
#3 Stay Informed
- Tools & Techniques: Get answers to some of the most challenging situations, such as discussing traumatic events with children, managing clients who present with anger, and changes in Medicaid. Save time with sample HIPAA privacy forms and office policies and review information on billing codes.
- Legal Issue of the Month: With your NASW membership, you get access to an archive of 100 free legal articles, designed to answer commonly asked questions on hot-button emerging legal issues related to social work.
- Latest Research: Expand your knowledge base by perusing the latest in social work research in the free, online, peer-reviewed journal, Social Work.
- Use the NASW Research Library to find resources that support your social work practice. Your NASW membership gives you unlimited access to more than 25 international databases with thousands of documents from leading research institutions, think tanks and advocacy groups.
- These databases include ERIC, SocINDEX and PubMed. You’ll also find relevant resources from government agencies such as NIH, HHS and DOJ.
#4 Support Your Profession
Give Back to the Social Work Community
- Advocacy: Your membership directly impacts NASW’s ability to make progressive change for our profession. With the support of members, we can advocate for you at Kansas’ licensing board and be a vigilant voice for social workers with the Kansas legislature.
- Annual Legislative Advocacy Day: Stay up-to-date on what may impact your practice and clients by participating in the NASW-KS advocacy day in Topeka at Washburn University and at the Capitol. It’s easy to participate and puts you ahead of the curve, allowing you to be more connected to Kansas Chapter’s advocacy work and your fellow colleagues.
#5 Advance Your Career
Connect Through Communication
The latest information on the practice of social work in Kansas is available via our monthly eNewsletter sent to your email address, Facebook site and at our regular workshops. The eNewsletter includes updates from NASW and the NASW-KS chapter on relevant legal issues, legislative alerts on issues affecting you and your clients, and articles on various practice issues.
Members have access to job opportunities, career resources, clinical supervision and licensure preparation trainings. Access continuing education events in your state, news and updates from your chapter newsletter, and a network of colleagues near where you live and work through your chapter.
- Click here to join online.
- You may also call NASW National at 1-800-742-4089 to join.
- Two-for-One Membership: Your NASW membership includes membership in the Kansas NASW Chapter as well, at no additional cost.
- To view a list explaining NASW membership category costs and rules associated with each type of membership, click here.