NASW-KS Chapter is THE champion of social work services in Kansas!
Our focus is to make your professional life better and easier!
To promote and advocate for the practice and profession of social work….
The Kansas Chapter of NASW is the largest professional voice working on behalf of the profession and practice of social work in Kansas. In 1976, NASW-KS led the successful effort to secure passage of social work licensing.
Kansas was one of the first states in the nation to have licensing at three levels of expertise – baccalaureate (LBSW), the master (LMSW), clinical social work (LSCSW) due to the efforts of NASW-KS.
NASW-KS is dedicated to the professional growth and advancement of members through supporting members in building their careers with confidence and success.
NASW-KS continues to be a prime mover in promoting policy reforms in the community and the Kansas legislature including:
- social work safety legislation,
- increased insurance reimbursement for clinical social work services,
- reduced child welfare caseloads,
- protecting licensure from increased fees and burdensome regulation,
- increased investments in behavioral health services from schools to hospitals to community mental health centers.